Brake fluid flush w/full synthetic. Better braking & stiffer pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Que?

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

It may or may not...it's best to bleed at each corner just in case you have air in the system. When it comes to brakes you should not cut corners. The procedure you described is a lazy one if I must say so.

I wouldn't say lazy. Just gives someone who might not have the tools, facility, or knowledge to bleed them the traditional way.

Since I have everything necessary to bleed them at each caliper, that's what I would do. But if I didn't I would think about just syphoning it from the reservoir.
As opposed to probably paying the dealer a couple hundred to do it.

WICKEDOWESIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say lazy. Just gives someone who might not have the tools, facility, or knowledge to bleed them the traditional way.

Since I have everything necessary to bleed them at each caliper, that's what I would do. But if I didn't I would think about just syphoning it from the reservoir.
As opposed to probably paying the dealer a couple hundred to do it.

Thats not the traditional way to bleed brakes. They used to gravity bleed the brakes not syphon out the fluid from just the reservoir.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats not the traditional way to bleed brakes. They used to gravity bleed the brakes not syphon out the fluid from just the reservoir.

Never said syphoning out the fluid from the reservoir was the traditional way.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
anyone want to come bleed my breaks in my tahoe it's been way to long, Thinking about it it's never been done before

teroma25

Reaction score
I noticed oil on the driveway here the other day, took a look under the Yukon and sure enough the damn lines are all rotten and leaking. Do these trucks need a scan tool to bleed the ABS after I swap out the lines or can I bleed then normally? And where are you guys getting your SS lines from?

Stealer told me today I can't buy factory lines cuz they are discontinued? WTF it's not that old! I don't mind making up my own lines but would rather something better, especially up here where we don't plow in the winter, we just keep adding salt!

teroma25

Reaction score
Swapped them out and then bled them the ol' fashion way, no probs. Apparently they need to be bled with a scanner if too much air is let in. The way the lines run from the ABS module towards the engine is stupid. From one side of frame up and over to the other side, and the way they sit allows rocks and whatnot to sit on top of them and eventually wear through. Dumbass idea!

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Just checked this post, and just refresshing, I never meant to say you could bleed and flush your brakes thru your reservior- unlike vetahoelt, I wouldn't suggest syphoning fluid, then driving, then repeat!!! IF at all your gonna syphong "SOME" fluid from reservior, You must not take out too much or your gonna get air in the lines!!! But you could get some fluid out, then bleed each caliper, at all four corners, to get rest of the fluid out, but you will have to keep adding new fuid constantly to keep fluid in reservior to ensure no AIR being introduced into the brake lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz