High brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Covah161

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe. My MC was leaking fluid into my booster and ruin it. Replaced both. Good brakes but noticed the brake pedal is higher than before. Parts guy said it was the right one and it was a newer style. There is no adjustment on the rod. Stop’s good. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Does it have GM’s adjustable pedal assembly that may have mucked up what you’re used to?

With brake pistons and clutch slaves, they can also give a high pedal effect immediately after replacement. Give it a week or two and it’ll likely settle in.

For now you can research the part numbers against your vin and see if there’s any other compatible parts that are spec’d differently.

2010suburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe. My MC was leaking fluid into my booster and ruin it. Replaced both. Good brakes but noticed the brake pedal is higher than before. Parts guy said it was the right one and it was a newer style. There is no adjustment on the rod. Stop’s good. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.
I had this happen to me when I replaced the booster. The issue was that the new booster did not have the spacer that goes between the booster and the firewall and in my haste did not notice. Had to take it back off and get a replacement and made sure it had the spacer. Fixed the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts