Bought my First Tahoe today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. The transmissions are usually ticking timebombs in these. Do you know what company it was for? The 4.8 is gutless until about 4K rpms, the 5.3 has a much better torque curve down low. I'm wondering if depending on the kind of business it might give you an idea of the people who were driving it or why. Were they romping on it, and shifting that all sorts of disrespectful or were they cautious? Certainly looks clean, and should have some nice records for it.

That VCR seems so odd to me. I think its been 10 years since Ive seen one. It looks like all they would have had to do is unplug the RCA cables, and take it out to put in a disc player.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Looks like you got a great deal for 2k. My 03 also had the 4.8, it was a shuttle for a real estate company. It has a 6.0 now :D

OP
OP
OrdellRobbie

OrdellRobbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. The transmissions are usually ticking timebombs in these. Do you know what company it was for? The 4.8 is gutless until about 4K rpms, the 5.3 has a much better torque curve down low. I'm wondering if depending on the kind of business it might give you an idea of the people who were driving it or why. Were they romping on it, and shifting that all sorts of disrespectful or were they cautious? Certainly looks clean, and should have some nice records for it.

That VCR seems so odd to me. I think its been 10 years since Ive seen one. It looks like all they would have had to do is unplug the RCA cables, and take it out to put in a disc player.
Actually it was a company vehicle that was used to transport clients from one plant to another. About 90 interstate miles in between. Only 3 people within the company had access to it and one of them being my father. The car has had an immaculate service records with no major issues in the past. I am under the impression that its never been romped on at all. The VCR is odd because even the TV has an HDMI port on the back on it?!? It for sure does not have very much power under 4k rpm but gets around town under 3k very well. Getting on the interstate in the only time I have to give it any gas. The right shift selector has a town button on it, is that factory or does that mean i have a tow package? I know for a fact this has never even had a tow hitch on the truck.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Actually it was a company vehicle that was used to transport clients from one plant to another. About 90 interstate miles in between. Only 3 people within the company had access to it and one of them being my father. The car has had an immaculate service records with no major issues in the past. I am under the impression that its never been romped on at all. The VCR is odd because even the TV has an HDMI port on the back on it?!? It for sure does not have very much power under 4k rpm but gets around town under 3k very well. Getting on the interstate in the only time I have to give it any gas. The right shift selector has a town button on it, is that factory or does that mean i have a tow package? I know for a fact this has never even had a tow hitch on the truck.
Tow/Haul button is factory.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow- AND you know the history. With how good it looks and the engine bay being freshly shined- all for $2,000, a part of me was suspecting it may have taken a bath in one of the many recent floods along the Mississippi. You truly have yourself a hell of a score.

Out of those service records, are any for normal maintenance such as spark plugs or any fuel system components or cleaning? I know the 4.8 is almost gutless compared to even the 5.3. But maybe it could have some more potential with some needed maintenance? A tune (Black Bear, etc.) would surely liven it up.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a score! Especially knowing it’s history! Very nice find / deal! Welcome!!