Boss 24" cleanup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its close .But not quite the right color. Can't tell if its not in direct light

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. So first real drive. Put about 200 miles on.
First, under left turn. I get a rub on the passenger rear. May need a heavier sway bar .
Second. Granted I only replaced 1 tire so far. Ride sucks . At 50-80 a steady vibration. And feel every bump. Harsh.
Tomorrow ill take some air out. Try again with about 35psi.
If no luck. Ill replace the other 3 tires. I love the look. But the ride quality between 20 and 24 inch is way worse so far.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tires will rub in the rear unless you reverse the shock mounting bolts so the bolt heads are toward the tires. Threaded bolt sticks out too far.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rocket man. What size tires do you run on the dubs? How's it ride

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
I personally love the ride of low profile tires. I like the no sidewall and how it feels around corners.srock tires make me feel like I’m going to tip over... I have 305/35/24 on one truck and 295/25/28 on my other truck... I would pick the 295/25/28 everytime. They ride smooth as butter... only difference is when there is a road with a bunch of cracks in it, you can feel the cracks more. But other then that

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocket man. What size tires do you run on the dubs? How's it ride
305/30/26. They ride OK on smooth roads, but if there's any small lips or separated or rough pavement you definitely feel it. If I hit one of those places where the pavement has a 1" lip it can be harsh. It's the price you pay, but like @massivespl said it corners like a mofo. But The Beast corners great with my 305/40/22's on too. I don't feel any roll with either.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cracks I get. But the vibration has got to go. Ill play with air pressure today. But I'm seeing 3 more new tires in my future. I'm way to crabby to be looking all over to find every little thing sqeaking in a 14 year old truck. Those little noises drive me insane

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cracks I get. But the vibration has got to go. Ill play with air pressure today. But I'm seeing 3 more new tires in my future. I'm way to crabby to be looking all over to find every little thing sqeaking in a 14 year old truck. Those little noises drive me insane
What kind of balance did you have done? I've found that the bigger tires like my 26's are more dependant on who does the balancing. Mine developed a horrible vibration/shaking after 20k miles or so so I had them rebalanced where I bought them from but it was actually worse so I went to a place that specialized in big tires and wheels. They balanced them perfect but also told me 2 of my tires were out of round by 4-5% and I'd always have a slight vibration. It's barely noticeable now and only at 70-75 mph. I can live with it but I know it's the Venezia (Chinese ) tires and I'm ok with it. The alternative is $$$.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped pressure on all 4 to 38. But I'm still running 3 of the tires I bought them with. I gave the truck a bath today to get the 50,000 dead bugs off. When I was checking for the clearance you were talking about between shock bolt and tire , which is tight, ill flip those. I noticed one of the original rears has a cupped section, maybe an eight of the way around. This can absolutely be causing the vibration at speed.
Ill get the other 3 replaced sometime next week. I bought the first one for about $170 but forget the brand. Pomps tire a big national heavy tire place my company has an account with installed the last and seemed confident they could balance. Ill have it allighned as well. I've had 3 different wheel setups since my last alignment.
After washing and getting it all pretty again, I'm committed to finding a balance I can live with.