Boost gauge installed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Just gives me an excuse to drop in a built 6.0:D
But really, I'm not too worried about it. The tranny will go before the motor. I'm ordering a Stage III trans in a couple weeks.

once you pulley down you'll wish you opted for an flt level 5...unless you're doing a 4L80 swap :rocking:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
what'd you do for trans work jenna? I'm gonna need a trans soon and was curious if a level 5 would take 10-12 psi from a tvs. also looking into the 6L80 swaps so I don't have to regear.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics of it at night!

I thought a Boost gauge won't read until there is some sore of fi.

If you wanted the needles to match should have gotten Cobalt Series. Out of curiousity, how did you change the color? Sodder or replace a bulb?
The boost portion won't read with out any added pressure. The vacuum portion will read due to the way a n/a enigine works; the pistons draw in outside air creating vacuum.
The gauge uses a 194 style bulb that I replaced with a LED.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
once you pulley down you'll wish you opted for an flt level 5...unless you're doing a 4L80 swap :rocking:
The Level III I'm ordering is good to 650hp. I thought about a 4l80, but I didn't want the higher first gear.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good call on the 60e. There is no need to go for an 80 if you have a good built 60 or 65.

For wideband, I am real happy with my PLX SM-AFR.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
damn ya'll with the email... how is anyone supposed to learn without asking questions that make us sound completely stupid!!!

Anyways, VERY nice JK... what is in that location in the 01 models? thats where my tranny dummy light is and i think some other dummy light as well... should the day come when i get a bit of boost into the motor, i think i may just end up using a gauge bar on the A pillar...

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

is the 80 just fine for this, or would the stock 80 still need to be built? The only reason i ask is because i may have access to an 80 for super cheap, maybe even free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts