Body Mount Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’ve been dealing with a random popping sound from the front end of my 2005 Tahoe (Z71) and everything is tight with the suspension. It’ll do it when getting out of a parking space as I turn the wheel, which made me thing tie rod or ball joint. Then I came across the two front body mount bushings.
The lower halves of the two front bushings are loose, as shown in the video above. The bolts are tight.

Body mounts are foreign to me, but I’d wager my paycheck that they are not supposed to be that loose. From what I found online, the torque for the bolts should be around 44 ft lbs (please confirm).

Does anyone have an OEM part number for the bushings? I couldn’t find it on the ACDelco website. RockAuto shows 15201791 but is labeled as radiator support and as a body mount. I also see 2924040

Which part number do I actually need for the front body mounts (just behind front wheel well)?

Or would I be better off converting to poly? If so, what part number is best?

Thanks!

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you are talking about at the bottom of the radiator, when you say front, then the 15201791 would be right for upper and 15837581 for lower

Sorry, first two links pull up something totally different than what I copied. Let me try again.

--upper

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! And Im trying to stay away from poly if I can, though $200 for all bushings vs. $50 for one rubber one is tempting.

My VIN is as follows: 1GNEK13T65R148028

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Spending the extra money for the others will also mean way more labor. If you lean that way get some AeroKroil penetrating fluid, 3-4 cans, and spray away.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

I’ve been dealing with a random popping sound from the front end of my 2005 Tahoe (Z71) and everything is tight with the suspension. It’ll do it when getting out of a parking space as I turn the wheel, which made me thing tie rod or ball joint. Then I came across the two front body mount bushings.
The lower halves of the two front bushings are loose, as shown in the video above. The bolts are tight.

Body mounts are foreign to me, but I’d wager my paycheck that they are not supposed to be that loose. From what I found online, the torque for the bolts should be around 44 ft lbs (please confirm).

Does anyone have an OEM part number for the bushings? I couldn’t find it on the ACDelco website. RockAuto shows 15201791 but is labeled as radiator support and as a body mount. I also see 2924040

Which part number do I actually need for the front body mounts (just behind front wheel well)?

Thanks!
I see you have the "T" engine, meaning gas instead of flex fuel. I am sure you have seen over time that means some parts will be different for our rigs. Fuel pump for sure if you have ever done that or need to in the future. Gotta pay attention.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
Interesting. I'm getting a popping from the front as well when making turns. All front end is new. Let me know how yours turns out. I may be replacing body mounts here. Rig has 255k miles

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! And Im trying to stay away from poly if I can, though $200 for all bushings vs. $50 for one rubber one is tempting.

My VIN is as follows: 1GNEK13T65R148028
What's wrong with poly for the body mounts??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan