Body and suspension lift ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea. Ive never heard of them breakung just of problems in the design and small failures

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most to no dealers around here sell RC kits for any trucks because of them breaking all the time..

The Off-Road shops here don't like them either. The want to sell the brands that cost twice as much. Unless your doing some serious off-roading the RCX will do you just fine. The more expensive lifts might give you a better ride but the RCX is really not that rough.

Do some searches, there have been other threads where the RCX has been discussed with alot of favorable comments.

The 315/70/18 Toyo's I'm running are a true 35" on the Hoe. Most tires people call 35's aren't nowhere near a full 35" tall. Just saying this to let you know you don't need the body lift in addition to the suspension lift to clear true 35's.

OP
OP
B

Bowtiedtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with a 2.5" skyjacker lift with the add a leaf.. I just purchased some 33s to go with my rims.
Is it possible to put bags in the rear?? I still do a lot of towing!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Well technically but if you dont mind a lil more stress and a couple less mpgs then go for it

inthechateau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air Ride lift

Anyone know if I add a leaf if air bags will fit in the rear??

I'm running the AirRide lift bags on my 96 Hoe, love them, excellent warranty and support. Little mod to fit them in. install in an hour. Next is to get an onboard compressor kit so i can adjust from the cabin. Right now i pump up at schrader valves I mounted on back bumper brackets. If you just add a lower leaf it will fit, just might have to get longer U bolts to attach the lower mount though.

Last edited:

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would listen to the people on here and not waste 500 on a 3" lift... when you can crank and do ball joint flip and get same affect

i had 35s on mine with 3" body and 2" crank with truck bars and 2" block

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For $999 the Rough Country kit is a great option, been running one for a while on my one truck with zero issues. The new kit is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts