Body and suspension lift ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtiedtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a 97 tahoe and I'm looking at the 3" skyjacker lift kit and maybe a 2 or 3" body lift for it.. With some 35s.. What are your opinions ??

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just do a 6" suspension and be done with it. I have the Rough Country RCX on mine and it handles 35's with no problem. For $1000 the RCX isn't the best lift out there but it is one of the best for the money.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Na rc is a pretty badass kit but im rocking a 3 inch body lift right npw and am gonna get 2 in spacers for the axle n crank 2 in then eventually pop a 6in suspension lift

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

O and the 3 in sus lifts are the bad ones

OP
OP
B

Bowtiedtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well this is my DD so would the rough country be up for that? With mild offroading

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rough Country kit is an excellent kit. The 2-3 inch kits from any manufacturer are the bad kits for these trucks. Dont know where you heard that the 6 inch kit is a bad kit. It is a excellent kit. Have a friend that has one his older truck and he beats that thing to crap... Runs his truck over rocks (big rocks) going 40 mpg, jumps things, has had his truck summerged under water and pulled out and never washed the truck and the mud or water hasnt even rusted his RCX lift kit.

OP
OP
B

Bowtiedtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Most to no dealers around here sell RC kits for any trucks because of them breaking all the time..

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most to no dealers around here sell RC kits for any trucks because of them breaking all the time..

That is the first time I have ever heard of anyone saying they break. I could see something like that breaking because of improper maintenance. Where's your evidence in them breaking? What's breaking? If they are seeing breakage because the people buying them arent greasing joints or torqueing nuts down right then i understand. That's like buying a brand new 502 crate engine, throwing it in a car and immediately just flooring it up and down the street and watching it shoot a piston and rod through the crankcase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite

Latest posts