Bleeding brakes, sucking air from Master cylinder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

optimusprime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it sucking air around one of the reservoir grommets?
I am not certain. There aren’t bubbles in the reservoir and there doesn’t seem to be any fluid agitation. It almost sounds like the cylinder is trying to suck fluid but only a little is getting through. Literally sounds like when your kids want to get every last drop out of their soda can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O

optimusprime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d probably continue bleeding as normal until no air is present. I’ve never done the method you are using, but have heard that there is a small chance of getting air into the line by doing it that way. I’ve always opted for a vacuum bleeder attached to my little air compressor with no issues.
I mean we were bleeding that thing for several minutes non stop with no change. Think I should just keep trying?

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
As George has mentioned, hopefully there is no hole in the line somewhere for some reason. Be chasing that for quite awhile. :confused:

I wonder if air got sucked in some how when you pushed the cylinder back in to fit the new pads?

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I’d keep going to get rid off all the air assuming there’s not a hole somewhere (can you see fluid leaking anywhere on the line?). Of course, tough to say what to do when one is not there.

OP
OP
O

optimusprime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As George has mentioned, hopefully there is no hole in the line somewhere for some reason. Be chasing that for quite awhile. :confused:

I wonder if air got sucked in some how when you pushed the cylinder back in to fit the new pads?
If there was air sucked in from the pistons, would that be remedied by just doing what I’m doing?

OP
OP
O

optimusprime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d keep going to get rid off all the air assuming there’s not a hole somewhere (can you see fluid leaking anywhere on the line?). Of course, tough to say what to do when one is not there.
I appreciate everything You guys have said so far! There is no fluid anywhere that I can see.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
To clarify...you’re doing the one man bleed with the tube in a bottle with fluid in it already?

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
If there was air sucked in from the pistons, would that be remedied by just doing what I’m doing?

I’m thinking perhaps when you opened the valve to push the cylinder in maybe air snuck in that way somehow. I think if you keep going you’ll get it. It sounds like you didn’t let the MC go dry, so you should be good there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar