Blacking out "murdering" tahoe 07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigdaddy99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some info on where to start if I wanted to black out my tahoe ltz. Saw some pics and fell in love with the all black look. Appreciate the help.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some info on where to start if I wanted to black out my tahoe ltz. Saw some pics and fell in love with the all black look. Appreciate the help.

I blacked out my LTZ. The wheels are 22" CK375 replicas in gloss black and the emblems are plasti dipped. I took off the chrome door handles and
mirror caps and swapped them for colormatched black ones so I could keep the chrome if I wanted to go back.

I'm actually selling the wheels and have some colormatched black handles if your interested. I can get you some black mirror caps too. PM me if you need any help.

16153437_large.jpg

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53063

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53207

Last edited:

Ramsey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely recommend the plasti dip. I used it for my emblems and decals. and even used it on my stock wheels before I upgraded to new wheels and tires. its amazing what a 7 dollar spray can will do

fireman297

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a blackout too, and I get tons of compliments around town. I just love seeing everyones blackout vehicles!!

DSC01273_zps3604a232.gif

DSC01274_zps680c33c3.gif

neutube

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plasti dip (at home depot) is a reversible option and works great.. eb@y has lots of black plastic grille inserts

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another vote for plastidip. It's versatile, super easy to apply, tough when it dries and if you somehow manage to mess it up, let it dry, peel it off and start over.

I did the emblems, side molding, rear bumper, grille, and wheels on my Toyota with that stuff. 18 months later when I sold it, still looked fresh. (that's after many many high pressure/brush car washes, and two CO winters where the wheels were exposed to the nasty mag chloride shit they put on the roads here)

Gonna grab a few more cans and black out my Tahoe here pretty soon. Now that I got my new tires installed, I'm gonna hit the wheels but leave the center caps silver...I'm a fan of the cop look for obvious reasons. ;)

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scored a free case of plastidip from my second job on Tuesday, so got the wheels done. Haven't hit the emblems yet as I'm up in Breckenridge for the 4th, but I'll get it done over the weekend. Still debating about leaving the center caps as is or hitting them too. Within a half hour my neighbors were already giving me compliments asking me where I got my new wheels. They had no idea that it was a DIY job.

IMG_20130703_145131_zps886e8247.jpg

Ramsey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scored a free case of plastidip from my second job on Tuesday, so got the wheels done. Haven't hit the emblems yet as I'm up in Breckenridge for the 4th, but I'll get it done over the weekend. Still debating about leaving the center caps as is or hitting them too. Within a half hour my neighbors were already giving me compliments asking me where I got my new wheels. They had no idea that it was a DIY job.

IMG_20130703_145131_zps886e8247.jpg

same here man after I did my wheels I went to my local offroad shop to order new wheels and tires and he was like man I love those stealth wheels they almost look stock. I was like they r. amazing what a 7 dollar can can do huh? he was amazed got everybody in the shop to come out and look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman