Black Widow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really hard to recommend the Race Venom over the Venom 250, or vice versa----both sound great, and it's mostly a question of how ballsy you want the truck to sound. lol

I'd probably go with the Venom 250 and keep my factory resonator to start. But I'm an older family man who just appreciates a deep but muscular purr from my exhaust tone. :cool:
Well said bud

Sent from Dugar's iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking at the different bw mufflers and saw the venom 300, it says it produces a deeper tone then the 250. Has anyone heard the 300 to compare the 2?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
300 sounds pretty nasty on the Black Widow sound clips page. Listen here to all the different mufflers offered.

http://blackwidowexhaust.com/Listen

Scroll down the page to find GM trucks modified and unmodified sound clips as well as YouTube.

Make sure and listen to the guy with a Venom 300 and a turbo.

Last edited:

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that's where I heard them but was wondering on a in person compare of the 2 haha. It does sound sweet, and I do like it but is it louder or quieter then the 250. I'd guess it'd be quieter from the size, but the clip made it sound louder. Ahh choices:eek:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir. Been watching this thread for a year.

Of course the Corsa pops in every now and then. Also a few guys have the Carven, but you can see the Magnaflow and Flowmaster options are not as popular as perhaps before. So many choices is right and which one to go with is proving to be challenging.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my magnaflow but if I can get a more muscle sound and no drone, heck yea. Don't really like Flowmaster. Corsa is out of my price range.

Never heard of carven.

Hey maybe I'll get the 300 to be a little different :headbang::rotflmao:

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been watching videos of both the Black Widow and Carven. Liking both applications. This thread is very convincing and great trucks have put them on. The Carven has a nice sound thru all applications. Might be worth considering as well. Some great sound clips on YouTube and IG.

Just another option in the decision department to confuse you even more. At least the price points are close enough that the cost is not the issue. Now just becomes preference of sounds. Aggressive or subtle, yet with some growl and let others know that a V8 is next to them or to get off their phone texting while their windows are down.....lol

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been watching videos of both the Black Widow and Carven. Liking both applications. This thread is very convincing and great trucks have put them on. The Carven has a nice sound thru all applications. Might be worth considering as well. Some great sound clips on YouTube and IG.

Just another option in the decision department to confuse you even more. At least the price points are close enough that the cost is not the issue. Now just becomes preference of sounds. Aggressive or subtle, yet with some growl and let others know that a V8 is next to them or to get off their phone texting while their windows are down.....lol

Haha yea, hold on I have to roll up the window I can't hear you...

As of right now the v300 is what I'll probably get, and I'll try it with and with out the resonator then go from there.

I can't have it too loud not for state law purpose but for my older arse and wanting to hear myself think in the cab haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2015 Suburban

Latest posts