Black Trim/Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joe_joe

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to buy the factory black trim or mirrors like on the RST package Tahoe’s/Suburbans?

I would like to change out the chrome with black instead of wrapping or painting them black.

Thanks in advance.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a thread on here related to CHROME DELETE of the trim...one of the posts has the GM part numbers needed.

mirror caps should be easy to find (dont need whole mirror), or just paint

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@STORMIN08 is correct.

You can order the mirror covers and then paint to match as desired. I did this exact thing about 2 yrs ago. Paint is holding up great - very happy I made this change in the long run.

I used vinyl wrap for almost ALL of the other chrome delete. PlastiDip does okay and looks fine, but only in locations that experience hardly any wear/weather. (Ie: rear bowtie)

Reaction score
The RST trim is EXPENSIVE. And from what I understand a bit difficult to install. Just FYI. May be better of getting the chrome wrapped.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the best mods you can do is replacing the tiny stock mirrors with beefy escalade mirrors. They bolt right up, come in black, and easily double your view. Ebay has new ones for about $150 each...

Frenchy00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get headlights without amber singles, black trim, and not chrome/silver in the headlights? Similar to the pic...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210808-103127.png
    Screenshot_20210808-103127.png
    916.4 KB · Views: 11

TahoeTex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One of the best mods you can do is replacing the tiny stock mirrors with beefy escalade mirrors. They bolt right up, come in black, and easily double your view. Ebay has new ones for about $150 each...
Interested in doing this. My 2019 LS doesn't have turn signals on the mirror—do you think the Escalade's mirrors would give me that capability?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645