Black/Smoked LED bumper lights/turns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going a different route w/ my setup and my chrome led signal lights dont go w/ black housing headlights, so im thinking of painting my leds housing black if i can get them apart or just selling them and buying some.

But does any one have them. Either the black housing ones or smoked ones.

If so could you post up a pic of it on your truck. I would like to see what they look like. Ive searched around and only found one guy w/ them on here. and other wise only found pictures of the light themselves.

Looking for pics of these... black housing ones
http://everythingcarparts.com/images/P/10-CL99PLEDJM-A_2-01.jpg
or the smoked ones,
http://everythingcarparts.com/images/P/10-CL99PLEDSM-A_2-01.jpg (these i kind of like, no orange reflector.

( for a Tahoe)
thanks,

mike

Last edited:

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Mike but I went the clear route. Was debating between clear and smoked and I went the clear route. Did you consider using VHT nightshades to tint the ones you have?

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(first, how the heck have you been. Im doing a quad retro project. now. http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25553)

Yeah i know you have the clears. I remember that. I thought about niteshading them, but im not sure i want to go that look. Just mostly unsure right now. The headlights i have are a black housing ones, so im not sure if i want the black housing led turns, or the smoked ones, but if i go smoked i might just lightly paint mine, Just not to sure about it, if i mess up, then im S.O.L. There is one member on here i pmed for pic of his black housing ones.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been good. Keep putting off finishing the projector mod partly because I'm afraid to mess it up. Also got sidetracked with some other exterior mods.

Damn, when you get bored, you take on a project. The quad retro looks like it will be quite a bit of work. Should look good once you finish it. Interested to see how it turns out.

I was in the same boat as you. Before I bought my depos, I was debating which ones to get: clears or the black lens. If I went black, the bumper lights would've been black as well, like you are trying to do. Instead I went for the clears. You could try to sell the ones you have now and get the smoked bumper lights. Or go the cheap route with the nightshades. I've seen quite few tint jobs and they all look good. I think you'd be able to do a good job with nightshades if you go that route. Maybe a couple of coats, nothing too black.

ANyways, let us know what you decide to do....with pics!!!!

Good luck

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I vote chrome if you go the led way...theres a bunch of people who have the black ones I'm not a fan I think they look cheesey I also don't get why 3/4 of it is amber and the little piece is white...bugs me..lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote chrome if you go the led way...theres a bunch of people who have the black ones I'm not a fan I think they look cheesey I also don't get why 3/4 of it is amber and the little piece is white...bugs me..lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I agree w/ you on the black ones, something about them i dont like. Just would like something a lil darker, since my new headlights are black housing adn the turns are all chrome. Not bad diff. but time for a change. Its amber b/c that is the turn signal, the other part is the DRL. Or they make some that are all white.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any one got the black/smoked ones yet? lol

bigwhiteyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used the black nightshade spray to shoot my rear tails as well as the corners of my factory lights to make the orange go away for an easy fix. I really like the nightshade spray. Here is a pic to show you what my new tails look like….

I will take a picture of the front signals when I get off work today.

gmclights.jpg
[/IMG]

Dave

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas_Made