Black Bear tune inquiry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jericho121

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Denali and using 93 octane fuel now as GM recommends. If I get a Black Bear tune, what octane are the tune's configured to? I am also concern about warranty issue since the car still is under warranty. Is there any way that the BB tune/file will leave any data that GM dealerships will retrieve even if I reflash it back to GM stock tune/file? Thanks

Chizzychase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the tunes for any octane rating you want. Ive heard of dealerships being able to tell if you have had a tune and reflashed back to stock but I believe if you have the autocal you can reflash back to a stock tune and raise no flags for the dealership.

OP
OP
jericho121

jericho121

Reaction score
You can get the tunes for any octane rating you want. Ive heard of dealerships being able to tell if you have had a tune and reflashed back to stock but I believe if you have the autocal you can reflash back to a stock tune and raise no flags for the dealership.

I am ready to pull the trigger on the BB autocal the only thing that is holding me back is the warranty consequence. That is why I'm trying to find anybody with the same car with BB autocal and tune and maybe can share their experience with the dealer on warranty repairs specially involving the powertrain. Thanks for your reply appreciate it...

Chizzychase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am ready to pull the trigger on the BB autocal the only thing that is holding me back is the warranty consequence. That is why I'm trying to find anybody with the same car with BB autocal and tune and maybe can share their experience with the dealer on warranty repairs specially involving the powertrain. Thanks for your reply appreciate it...
Yeah man with yours being a 2015 you might have better luck in that section of the forum then down here but I gave the best advice I could

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So long as you return your tune to stock, there are no issues with dealer visits.

OP
OP
jericho121

jericho121

Reaction score
Yeah man with yours being a 2015 you might have better luck in that section of the forum then down here but I gave the best advice I could

Thanks, I was just thought I will get a better response here since the thread covers Black Bear Performance in general.

So long as you return your tune to stock, there are no issues with dealer visits.

Thanks. Its just I've researching on tunes in general that most of them will store non-specific data on the history file that is not GM specific and that how they can tell that the PCM was flashed by somebody else. Please correct me if this is false.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, I was just thought I will get a better response here since the thread covers Black Bear Performance in general.

Thanks. Its just I've researching on tunes in general that most of them will store non-specific data on the history file that is not GM specific and that how they can tell that the PCM was flashed by somebody else. Please correct me if this is false.
With our tunes, there will be no issue. I can't speak to other companies.

Sent from my fone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan