Bilstien Shocks to go with Leveling Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Rough Country Leveling Kit on my 06 Z71. I read on here people saying Bilstien shocks to go with a leveling kit but can’t find it again. Was wondering what model Bilstien shocks people go with

richs1

Reaction score
I have a Rough Country Leveling Kit on my 06 Z71. I read on here people saying Bilstien shocks to go with a leveling kit but can’t find it again. Was wondering what model Bilstien shocks people go with

I used the 5100’s 0-2 inch lift.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same, 0-2” is what you need. Ride was significantly improved over stocks and extenders.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the ride quality softer or stiffer than stock?

Ride quality is stiffer than stock, not due to the shocks, but due to the fact that adding a leveling key reduces the torsion bars range of motion. The Bilstine 5100’s are properly proportioned for our vehicles, and help the ride quality after leveling.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ride quality is stiffer than stock, not due to the shocks, but due to the fact that adding a leveling key reduces the torsion bars range of motion. The Bilstine 5100’s are properly proportioned for our vehicles, and help the ride quality after leveling.

Thanks. I’ve got the Rough Country ones in now that come with the leveling kit and they just seem to give a very stiff ride quality. I can feel every bump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018