Bilstein 5100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Plan on getting some 3" forged leveling keys from eBay. And instead of shock extensions I was gunna pick up some bilsteins shocks. I was wondering should I get the 0-2.5" shocks or get the ones for 4-6"? I heard they give you some extra lift so I may need a 1.5" rear spacer. Just curious on what y'all think.

Thanks

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say the 0-2.5" unless you plan on going higher than that in the near future

johninsc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just did this with 2" spacers and the longer bilsteins 5100's

OP
OP
C

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea on another forum they said the 4-6 would be too long but I saw a guy that leveled his with 3" keys and had 4" shocks so I was just wondering if I could get the longer ones n be fine. They are actually cheaper then the 0-2.5" on eBay

Twinrotor

Reaction score
Why not get the skyjacker kit, includes new shocks spacers, and all the hardware you need.

OP
OP
C

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well got under the hoe today and she has bilsteins all the way around not sure what model but I would guess 5100. I also took a look at the torsion keys and I figured tey would be rusty but they were surprisingly not. It doesn't look lifted but maybe they replaced the old keys with new ones. I know he towed some cause he has a electric trailor brake on the inside. The passenger side key bolt looks maxed(can't see any threads) and the driver still has some threads showing

OP
OP
C

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea they are all brushed aluminum looking. So I guess I have 5100 all the way around.

-CoStep-

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have a legit part number for the 5100s? i keep seeing different numbers floating around and i am ready to order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Anderson