Bigger leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
I have the readylift 1.5 in the front right now. When I see the pics of the tahoes with the 2.5 front and rear levels they appear much larger than mine. Would it be worth it to upgrade my leveling kit to the 2.5 front and rear? Other suggestions?

Pic of mine with 285's (lower valence has since been removed)
DSC_0404.jpg

VS 2.5 front and rear level:
P8030012.jpg

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you may get a little higher stance but you i dont think you will get much more of a bigger tire under there without a "real" lift kit....i got 295/95/18 under mine with 2.5" in the front.

this could all change with you aftermarket rims depending on offset though

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that is what you want, then it would be worth it. You can get them pretty cheap ~$125 and if you install yourself the only other expense would be the alignment.

OP
OP
B

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
If that is what you want, then it would be worth it. You can get them pretty cheap ~$125 and if you install yourself the only other expense would be the alignment.

That's kind of what I was thinking. The ready lift cost me around 200. At the time I was unaware of the larger level, otherwise I would have done it the first time.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with my Sierra. I'm thinking about going with CCM kit or the Top Gun Customs 2.5" as I hear good things about them.

By the way, what wheels do you have? Are those KM2 tires?

OP
OP
B

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
well, somewhat impulsive but i ordered a truxx kit. I got tired of the tires rubbing so much. All it needs is about .5 inch taller to clear it 100%.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the truxxx kit and i love it...good choice!

ckl5899

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I get my post count up I am going to have alot of questions for you. I live in SA and just purchased a 2011 Chevy Tahoe Z71 4X4 and am wanting to start modding her out. Will be chatting with you shortly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77