Big Black headed to the Dr.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggboi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally get a day off from work and just as I'm headed home from breakfast my 09 Yukon goes crazy! Engine light, service stabilitrak, service traction control, and engine power reduced indicators all on!

Still under warranty, and been waiting all day to hear from the dealership as to what could be wrong.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• tow.jpg
    tow.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 34

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is low voltage is what they will come up with.....for that many things at the same time it looks like the computer is "starved". But, the codes should tell the tale....let us know.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
None, only a set of DDM 6k HID's.
ahh, I bet it's the HIDs...did it happen on initial fire up, when starting the truck?

Mine did that before I got the harness to the battery. Check engine light, reduce engine power, etc....I had to get out, unhook battery, and re-attach, then would work. It happened maybe 3 times in a month...so finally got a HID relay oh, a couple years ago...no issues again.

OP
OP
biggboi

biggboi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased the wiring harness with the DDM kit so the HIDs are wired directly to the battery. It didn't happen on initial startup, I was driving and the lights were not on(I have the DRL fuse pulled).

When the tow truck came, it started and ran fine(no indicators accept check engine light).

Dealership couldn't get to it today. We will see what happens tomorrow.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow...nothing like piece of mind on a new vehicle....NOT. Let us know...sorry to hear of the issues Tony.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a failsafe mode, it could be any number of things. Hopefully it's something simple. Mine was a switch in the tranny, replaced under warranty.

OP
OP
biggboi

biggboi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I stop by the dealership this afternoon and here is the latest.

Service manager told me the truck was throwing a throttle body code. He said they were going to clean the throttle body and drive it for a day and see what happens. If it starts to throw codes again, then the throttle body would need to be replaced.

The beat goes on....

jossix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i had the same problem with my 09 yukon last month..The dealer ended up replacing the throttle body.since then no problems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natenate