Best wiper blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like other folks have stated, I use Bosch icon's and Rain-X. I rarely need to use anything than the automatic intermittent wiper mode.

rjr

Reaction score
On 2015, original eqpt is by Denso; available from RockAuto

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the rainx blades or the trico onyx blades. i tried Bosch blades ones and they did not last as long as either of the others. i would like to add i have a lazy wife who refuses to scrap her windows unless it absolutely necessary in the winter. i use deicer wiper fluid when winter rolls around so she wont ruin the blades quite as fast.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 thing I hate is bad wipers so I had to ask. I remember buying some wipers for my 04 and it didn't contour to the shape of the glass very well I had to return it

Yeah. On the NBS trucks, the curve of the glass makes the beam style wipers miss a little corner on the bottom of the passenger side. Thought about putting a heat gun on one to see if I could change it a little, but haven't gotten around to trying. I like the rain x ones.

I notice this problem on my '07 as well. The pass side wiper not conforming well on the bottom outer curve and dragging dirt up into the top of the windshield. I am using the beam wipers. I was going to try using the next size smaller, hoping it would lay flatter and still produce a usable wiper pattern. Anybody try this theory?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the rain-x on all the vehicles we have unless the factory style allows you to use a refill (just the rubber part)

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
89Surburban....... I tried a trick that worked......

I had traditional style wiper-blades on a last GMC truck. The end of the wiper would not touch the glass / outside curved window edge. I lightly touched the end of the blade, and then it touched.

I got a tie-wrap, cut it near the 'catch'.

I pushed it inside the blade holder, nearest the end of wiper ( last metal arm that you slide the blade through) and it put more pressure on the wiper end, and it worked!

Problem with the new beam wipers are, you are beholden to the shape of your glass. The end always lifts at the outer windshield.
I wish the beam had a slight bend in the spine, at the end.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
89Surburban....... I tried a trick that worked......

I had traditional style wiper-blades on a last GMC truck. The end of the wiper would not touch the glass / outside curved window edge. I lightly touched the end of the blade, and then it touched.

I got a tie-wrap, cut it near the 'catch'.

I pushed it inside the blade holder, nearest the end of wiper ( last metal arm that you slide the blade through) and it put more pressure on the wiper end, and it worked!

Problem with the new beam wipers are, you are beholden to the shape of your glass. The end always lifts at the outer windshield.
I wish the beam had a slight bend in the spine, at the end.

Nice trick!! That would have worked on my 89 Suburban if I still had it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts