Best place to buy extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
My dealer said the policy that they are offering "is basically an extended bumper to bumper warranty". Again, I don't trust these salesman as they are completely clueless with what they are even selling nowadays.

I'm going to see if they have an actual policy that would be for diesel to review. Will include it here when I get it

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's a GM warranty you can see the info on the internet. GMEPP is the term for their plan. Also a GMPP for a new vehicle extension. But it could be an Ally plan, also find info on the net for this. Doubt there is actually a B2B plan anywhere, they all have exclusions I'm thinking.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We bought an Infiniti in 2016. We included an extended factory extended bumper to bumper warranty, 7 years. Problem..... Dealers charge through the nose for typical repairs. We needed to replace the windshield washer pump. They wanted to charge nearly $250.00. and keep the car for 2 days.
I bought a pump for $45.00. My mechanic replaced it for $40 during a lunch break at his shop. My warranty deductible cost WAY more than that.
For the monthly premium, on a 3rd party contract, ...instead, put the same amount in a special savings account for repairs.

Our factory extended warranty was for the years after the regular warranty..... Considering the cost of a transmission, etc. ( Even though, the Infiniti is so damn reliable !! )

Rizop

Reaction score
Exactly . A zero deductible bumper to bumper extension would be ideal , similar to what Lexus/Toyota offers. Gm has one (bumper to bumper with no 3rd party involvement), but it only goes to 60k

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
When I inquired about exclusions for diesel, I got this response from the service manager at the dealer that I am awaiting delivery from:

"EGR is covered under Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty 3yr or 36,000 miles whichever comes first.
Diesel Particulate Filter is covered under Emissions Warranty 8yr or 80,000 miles whichever comes first."

Then the sales manager responded after that with:

"EGR would be covered under the extended. DPF may be considered a maintenance item since it’s a filter."

So again, seems very grey with how somebody wants to interpret the wording of contracts. Such a pain the the butt trying to get a straight answer.

Rizop

Reaction score
When I inquired about exclusions for diesel, I got this response from the service manager at the dealer that I am awaiting delivery from:

"EGR is covered under Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty 3yr or 36,000 miles whichever comes first.
Diesel Particulate Filter is covered under Emissions Warranty 8yr or 80,000 miles whichever comes first."

Then the sales manager responded after that with:

"EGR would be covered under the extended. DPF may be considered a maintenance item since it’s a filter."

So again, seems very grey with how somebody wants to interpret the wording of contracts. Such a pain the the butt trying to get a straight answer.
Yeah that’s a tough one . I’ll be in the same boat in a few days /weeks as my window sticker was just generated for our 3.0 xl Denali .

Looks like it’s either inquire about and buy the 60k bumper to bumper extended warranty that should cover emissions, or start setting aside some money aside every so often in the event that something emissions related fails .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667