Best place for touch up paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few nicks I would like to touch up before i buff out my Yukon. Where is the best place to get touch up paint? My truck is Iridium Metallic.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a few nicks I would like to touch up before i buff out my Yukon. Where is the best place to get touch up paint? My truck is Iridium Metallic.

i use these two places -- PaintScratch.com and AutomotiveTouchUp.com

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had really good experiences with Dr. ColorChip

https://www.drcolorchip.com/

Very easy to use, blends in really well, doesn’t leave excessive “blobs” of unneeded paint, and is pretty fool proof if you follow the directions.

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked out "Paint scratch" they have an "Abalone White Tricoat" listed for my Denali but not "White Frost Tricoat".

Never have have see an Abalone listed on any build sites, dealer is Real Proud of their touch up paint so was looking for alternatives . Amazon even higher.......

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one from the Dealer will not match if it is a tricoat. You need to get the tricoat touchup from one of the paint chip companies and follow the application procedure. It is different from just putting a little dab on the chip.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I picked these up for the wife and I, I have a 15 Yukon XL, with Iridium Metallic. While I have no nicks or scratches yet. I read really good things about these guys, and the prices were right. I had trouble finding touch up for the wife's 2016 Forerunner, in the Toyota Blue, but found it here. I haven't used it on mine, but covered a few small scratches on the wife's truck and I didn't even need to sand/buff it. They were pretty small scratches, and the paint comes out so well controlled I was able to "float" it into the scratch, and it leveled beautifully. Hope it helps.
https://www.expresspaint.com/automo...asp?idProduct=19809&idCategory=21&resetSess=Y

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep