best at/off road tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CREETO

Reaction score
i can vouch for the cooper STT's... great tire so far and mine have zero road noise after almost 15K miles

OP
OP
justarigger

justarigger

Reaction score
Also list what your expectations, vehicle uses, and current/future mods for lift.

no plans to lift just want an aggressive tire that looks and preformes good. I believe that the front is cranked and I put in a 2inch block in rear. Im running 285/65/18 i want taller and wider and spend under 250 per tire

CREETO

Reaction score
well let's see the pics once you decide on your rubber... my STT's were about $350/tire or thereabouts, but they're 35's and i'm pretty sure you're not going that tall.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no plans to lift just want an aggressive tire that looks and preformes good. I believe that the front is cranked and I put in a 2inch block in rear. Im running 285/65/18 i want taller and wider and spend under 250 per tire

Sounds like you have an NBS model. For tire sizes that fit the NBS with cranked stock keys and rear spacer try the 06 and below section.

As for aggressive ATs for under $250 for tires larger than 285/65/18s your choices will be limited. As far was expectations, you should be a little more specific like what conditions you wheel in, is noise high on your list, etc.

IMO BFG ATs, Nitto Terra Grapplers, and even Goodyear Duratrac (?) are good choices. I think only the Nittos will come close to your budget.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 02 silverado and they worked and looked great. They were quiet on the freeway too. Used them in sand/snow/ice/mud with no problems. I think I had 285/75/17 and had to trim the front air dam a tiny bit to fix a rubbing issue on tight turns but it was at stock height, no blocks or torsion bar adjusting.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's and so far they LOOK awesome for the price,$131 in P265/75/16, and the reviews ive read have all been pretty good. They will be going on next week.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 10k miles on my Goodyear Duratracs and they've been great so far! They still look brand new, they're extremely quiet for how aggressive the tread looks. We'll see how they do in the snow/mud/ice this winter....

stepjl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the Pro Comp Extream A/T's

I put 45,000 miles on a set of Pro comp EXtreme AT. Just make sure that you rotate them religiously and they will last. I just switched my Suburban over to a full time offroad monster and went with Dick Cepek Mud Country which are also an awesome tire. If you want to save a little cash Pro comp is made by cooper tires. look up cooper tires and you can match the tread patterns and order them with the Cooper name on them.

I have a set of 35/12.50/17 ProComp Extrem A/T tires on my 2007 Nissan Titan that I had installed when I bought the truck new. The tires now have 31,000 miles. Great in snow. Good on road for what they are. They are getting louder now with tred 1/2 gone, but look to last a very long time. Also, they are a A/T tire that looks like a M/T tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cayukon