Beltech 2" drop spindle issues/questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been running the Belltech 2" drop spindles for a couple years now and have been wondering if anyone else has been. Going through upper ball joints like crazy? I think in the past 2 years I have replaced the UCAs twice on each side. And I I in need to replace them again.

I am still reuniting the same Moog Problem Solver LCA and AC Delco Professional inner and outer tie rods (which these now need to be replaced). But I have gone through 1 set of AC Delco Professional UCAs and Moog Problem Solver UCAs on both sides.

Basically I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had a similar experience or did I get a bad set of spindles that is causing an angle issue with the UCAs....

Also is it required to have to CUT the bolts for the UCA ball joint to clear the axle?

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been running the Belltech 2" drop spindles for a couple years now and have been wondering if anyone else has been. Going through upper ball joints like crazy? I think in the past 2 years I have replaced the UCAs twice on each side. And I I in need to replace them again.

I am still reuniting the same Moog Problem Solver LCA and AC Delco Professional inner and outer tie rods (which these now need to be replaced). But I have gone through 1 set of AC Delco Professional UCAs and Moog Problem Solver UCAs on both sides.

Basically I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had a similar experience or did I get a bad set of spindles that is causing an angle issue with the UCAs....

Also is it required to have to CUT the bolts for the UCA ball joint to clear the axle?
I have mcgaughys spindles. I did my entire front end with moog an ac delco professional when I installed them. Everything is still tight. I regularly grease them also. I heard the mcgaughys spindles are better bout keeping everything like stock. Sounds like it if u hve changed all that that many times. As much as u have spent u should just buy some mcgaughys spindles and give them a try. What u got to lose. U can sale the belltech. Also I’m way lower than just spindles and I’m going on almost 2 years an all front end stuff still good.

Attachments

• AD032A96-78C7-4D8C-9386-8B138D548201.jpeg
    AD032A96-78C7-4D8C-9386-8B138D548201.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 8

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I believe with the drop spindles it is required to cut the ball joint threads for clearance. That shouldn’t be your issue.
only thing that comes to mind that could be a factor causing upper ball joint failure, is the fact that the drop spindle moves the hub bearing closer to the upper ball joint putting more stress on it. It’s always been the lower that takes the brunt of the work and now that’s been changed. I don’t have the drop spindles yet but was curious about this exact thing and wondered why I haven’t seen it mentioned.
I will say, I have these UCAs from Rockauto and they are a very nice beefy unit. May want to try something like this and see if it last a little longer. F8EA5CF3-EEB5-43CD-8C95-E4D8EB1F590E.jpeg16E52A31-F79C-407C-B3DC-90E2B9D30FE8.jpeg

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
@Bombsquad85 have you done anything else to lower it? Belltech says to flip the UCAs when using drop springs, I’d imagine same goes for drop keys.

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe with the drop spindles it is required to cut the ball joint threads for clearance. That shouldn’t be your issue.
only thing that comes to mind that could be a factor causing upper ball joint failure, is the fact that the drop spindle moves the hub bearing closer to the upper ball joint putting more stress on it. It’s always been the lower that takes the brunt of the work and now that’s been changed. I don’t have the drop spindles yet but was curious about this exact thing and wondered why I haven’t seen it mentioned.
I will say, I have these UCAs from Rockauto and they are a very nice beefy unit. May want to try something like this and see if it last a little longer. View attachment 281480View attachment 281481
Those look nice. If I was keeping the truck I'd try it out. Everything is good for now.

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mcgaughys spindles. I did my entire front end with moog an ac delco professional when I installed them. Everything is still tight. I regularly grease them also. I heard the mcgaughys spindles are better bout keeping everything like stock. Sounds like it if u hve changed all that that many times. As much as u have spent u should just buy some mcgaughys spindles and give them a try. What u got to lose. U can sale the belltech. Also I’m way lower than just spindles and I’m going on almost 2 years an all front end stuff still good.
I keep everything greased regularly as well. Every oil change everything gets greased.

02escalade

Reaction score
mcgaughys spindles I have also no issues at all 2+ years all moog and Delco parts .. I do keep it greased also every 3-4K miles .. I do have adj keys and eibach springs

02escalade

Reaction score
Along with the front I posted I have ashjkeys also I Have these on the rear .And Hochkins Front and rear sway bar and a pan hard bar an

Attachments

• DEB1AE25-1B15-407E-A7D0-8F9E712958A1.jpeg
    DEB1AE25-1B15-407E-A7D0-8F9E712958A1.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk