Belt size??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cougar1Car

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 96 Yukon that the ac compressor makes a terrible sound at times. Not always. I am looking and needing to replace the belt anyway so am looking to get a shorter belt that will not go around the ac compressor does anyone know the length to use and also possibly routing info?

Thanks in advance

Chris

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can do that, you need atleast a bypass for that pulley. Atleast that how it is in the pre 96 stuff ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cougar1Car

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My fan shroud has two different belt routing pics. One with and one without ac. Part store shows listings for two different belts as well, same one with and w/o ac.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
because of the original installation setup you would need the a/c delte kit if you need to remove the compressor and a belt that still is built for an a/c equipped vehicle. i have never seen that bracket setup available that has the non a/c look like on the sticker you posted. no part number on it nor an illustration of the l31 engine without the compressor not originally installed. if it is just the a/c pulley system making the racket why not just replace the pulley/clutch assembly on the compressor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz