Below msrp or invoice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
Reckon the GMC brand will win back their older customers who've been run off by their dealership's high market-rate adjustment pricing ?

It's not like this younger-adult generation has the money to buy 100k SUV's and pickups.. or even the desire to own automobiles, I have grandkids to whom I've given cars but yet prefer to use Lyft or Uber.
The dealership model can go to hell. I ought to be able to go online and customize to my heart's content and place an order (which i know is Tesla's model.)

I'm 45 years old and prior to Covid I never thought I'd see the day you could walk into a dealership and you'd offer to buy something AT MSRP and they'd refuse because that wasn't enough money. (Baring actual collector cars.)

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership model can go to hell. I ought to be able to go online and customize to my heart's content and place an order (which i know is Tesla's model.)

I'm 45 years old and prior to Covid I never thought I'd see the day you could walk into a dealership and you'd offer to buy something AT MSRP and they'd refuse because that wasn't enough money. (Baring actual collector cars.)
Buying a car is such a stressful experience. I hate it. It had gotten worse with this market and their unwillingness to play ball.

TrucksNStuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so is MSRP still a decent deal out there right now for a Z71, or will I regret it in a few months because we expect them to start dropping prices? I’ve got a 2nd kid on the way and found a dealer offering a loaded Z71 (air ride, max tow, Lux package, sunroof) for MSRP -$500 for military. My $1000 Costco incentive expired yesterday and the vehicle ETA is just a few days after the incentive expired. Back in the day I feel like most dealers would have honored the incentive anyways and eaten the cost difference

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vowed to never order a vehicle after a bad experience 25 years ago, so I'm fortunate to enjoy surfing GM's inventory on GMC, Cadillac and Chevy's dot-com websites looking for my best deal..

..of course being retired helps :D

repairman54

Reaction score
Buying a car is such a stressful experience. I hate it. It had gotten worse with this market and their unwillingness to play ball.
Way less stressful than buying a house or even worse getting divorced. That's real stress.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
so is MSRP still a decent deal out there right now for a Z71, or will I regret it in a few months because we expect them to start dropping prices? I’ve got a 2nd kid on the way and found a dealer offering a loaded Z71 (air ride, max tow, Lux package, sunroof) for MSRP -$500 for military. My $1000 Costco incentive expired yesterday and the vehicle ETA is just a few days after the incentive expired. Back in the day I feel like most dealers would have honored the incentive anyways and eaten the cost difference
A dealer who had respect for his customer would. But I don't think AT MSRP is a bad deal right now.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will milk the “shortage” on SUVs until they can no longer make an extra buck. I just hope the dealers charging these outrageous up charges are named and shamed to avoid in the future.

By Q2 2023, I believe GM is going to match or surpass pre pandemic production levels. The question is how quickly pent up demand will be satisfied and, therefore, how soon will inventory of these SUVs start stacking up on dealer lots. My prediction is that by the end of Q4 of 2023, the amount of GM full size SUV inventory will be noticeable on dealer lots.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reckon the GMC brand will win back their older customers who've been run off by their dealership's high market-rate adjustment pricing ?

It's not like this younger-adult generation has the money to buy 100k SUV's and pickups.. or even the desire to own automobiles, I have grandkids to whom I've given cars but yet prefer to use Lyft or Uber.
I've be driving Chevy/GMC truck (happily) since 1981. While my 2001 Yukon is running fine, I'm in the right frame of mind to pick up a well-loaded Yukon with a Duramax. But I refuse to get taken. Instead, I've been looking at well-discounted Grand Cherokees since my wife and I are empty nesters and we'll be getting off the highway occasionally on our travels and really don't need the extra row. But I'm also patient.

Oaktree

Reaction score
Locally (AR), Caddy's are $10k+ over, Yukon and Tahoes are MSRP to + depending on dealership.
The only thing below MSRP are Jeep Wagoneers and its been that way for almost a year now. Same on Ram products.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing below MSRP are Jeep Wagoneers and its been that way for almost a year now. Same on Ram products.
Just put a deposit on a dealer-inventory '23 Silverado HC 3.0 diesel w/magride & Supercruise for a $7k off MSRP, no doc. In transit so maybe 3-4 weeks.

GMC dealers are currently more arrogant than Caddy dealerships with their bold markups and fear tactics.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT MOTORSPORTS