Below msrp or invoice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To anyone or just GM employees? If they offer the same price to any customer I’d love to know which ones
Looking at the fine print of their website, it says you have to qualify. I don’t know what is done in real life though.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the fine print of their website, it says you have to qualify. I don’t know what is done in real life though.

in the "old days" as in pre-covid, dealers preferred supplier buyers to come in because most of their new car sales were priced cheaper than the supplier price...guy walks and thinks he's getting the best deal by buying at the supplier price when it reality he could have pretty easily bought it for $500- $1k cheaper

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little off brand, but I just paid $7k below MSRP, no doc or junk fees for a LZ0 Diesel High Country Silverado with Super Cruise.. and it wasn't painted white !!
Good deal - seems like standard discount on GM 1/2 ton pickups is $5K right now at most dealerships. Sounds like you found a good dealership getting more competitive - good to see considering 6 months ago the pickups were at MSRP or more.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will milk the “shortage” on SUVs until they can no longer make an extra buck. I just hope the dealers charging these outrageous up charges are named and shamed to avoid in the future.

local ford dealer has a F250 diesel that a buyer backed out on the order...they were asking $10k over sticker in Nov/Dec and I noticed last week they had it advertised at $5k over. Meanwhile there are dealers a couple hours away that have several in stock and can't sell them at MSRP. mix of buyers shopping around more and 4-5-6-7% interest is slowing the selling down for those dealers still trying to take advantage of buyers

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reckon the GMC brand will win back their older customers who've been run off by their dealership's high market-rate adjustment pricing ?

It's not like this younger-adult generation has the money to buy 100k SUV's and pickups.. or even the desire to own automobiles, I have grandkids to whom I've given cars but yet prefer to use Lyft or Uber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj87