Belltech Spindle Clearance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had belltech 2" drop spindles on my truck for a year or so now, and just switched back to my 17" wheels for winter. I have an 04 LT. The jamb nut they supply with the spindles only threads on the acdelco ball joint evedently, had to go to fastenal and order a new jamb nut for my moog ball joints, different thread pitch. Once I got the toothed washer and new jamb nut on with red lock-tite, I took a cut off wheel to the ball joint stud and cut it off a thread or two below the bottom of the nut. Put my wheels on and saw I had about 1/8" or clearance between the stud and the wheel. Took it for a spin and cut large grooves into my front wheels from the stud :(

My question to everyone is this, is this much movement normal? I ground down my studs so that there is nothing sticking out past the nut now and they stopped making contact, but should I be worried about possibly needing hub assemblies or something? New ball joints upper and lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz