Belltech lowering struts - ring count dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

momofx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

* For reference : I'm using 25003 Belltech Lowering / Lift struts in front together with 2509 Spindles - shocks where done so I just got the 25003s, Then for the back I'm using Belltech 34324 Kit without the 1 inch spacer*

I'm currently lowering my 09 Escalade - base model and I'm kinda confused what to do as far as the spacer rings for the Belltech 25003 front lowering / lifting shocks go. This vehicle use to have Autoride but had it all removed and use to have regular shocks with oem springs. The rear suspension was also converted to regular springs and shocks (so no air leveling etc.)

What got me confused is Belltech call for different amount of rings for Autoride and Non-Autoride so which do I use? Why is there a difference in the ring count for autoride and non-autoride?

table.jpg

Last edited:

09_BLK GMC

Reaction score
Honstly I would go 'without Auto ride' option since the original Auto ride stuff was remove and replaced with Non-Auto ride equipment.

OP
OP
M

momofx

Reaction score
Honstly I would go 'without Auto ride' option since the original Auto ride stuff was remove and replaced with Non-Auto ride equipment.

You are correct! BUT, I did not do this (by adding the extra spacer to the shock for non-autoride) and sure enough it sits alot more lower :/ (I have 1.5 inch gap from tire to fender, with a 26 inch rim btw). I honestly did not want it so low so now I have to take the shock out again and add the spacer ring :/

One thing I must say, there was a DAY AND NIGHT DIFFERENCE compared to having Bilsteins shocks and a 2.5 inch lift with spacer blocks. It rides sooooooo much better now :)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct! BUT, I did not do this (by adding the extra spacer to the shock for non-autoride) and sure enough it sits alot more lower :/ (I have 1.5 inch gap from tire to fender, with a 26 inch rim btw). I honestly did not want it so low so now I have to take the shock out again and add the spacer ring :/

One thing I must say, there was a DAY AND NIGHT DIFFERENCE compared to having Bilsteins shocks and a 2.5 inch lift with spacer blocks. It rides sooooooo much better now :)

You could just add a spacer block under the strut to pick it back up instead of taking it all apart. I'm really considering doing this to fine-tune my drop so I don't have to tear it all apart multiple times. I'm not sure if I want a 3" or 4" front drop so I'm thinking I'll go all the way with the 4" (spindles and BT struts) and use shaved-down lift blocks to make it sit just right. The driver's side sits lower than the passenger side of these rigs, so I wanna be able to compensate for that. I think it'd be pretty easy to slam it then drive for a while to let everything settle, measure each corner and space it up accordingly. It doesn't take much- you'll only need a spacer about half the height of the desired lift.

OP
OP
M

momofx

Reaction score
Just to update and also if anyone is having the same issue, I added the extra (thicker) ring up front and ended up going with 2 inch spacers for the back and it looks pretty even :) I did not want the it slammed but not sitting high either so I'm happy with the way it looks now :) I will try to post a pic once I'm done detailing it ;)

Last edited:

Dropped HYbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am going to use this combination...however I am running 28" wheels...and am also 1.5" off tire...Im thinking of going another 1/2"...my question is..how is the performance of the street performer2 shocks up front...have they improved your ride...at least cleaned it up???...any help or answers would be appreciated!

hybro out!

syclnjr

Reaction score
Had the same dilemma on mine. Went with the non AutoRide table since I replaced all the AutoRide shocks.

But I question if the factory springs are different if it’s AutoRide optioned hence the different table

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts