Belltech #25003 adjustable struts??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carmen5.3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anybody bought these Belltech lowering struts that are adjustable from 2" lift to 2" lowered.
I lowered my 2010 Yukon XL with Macgaughys 2" rear lowering/leveling springs but now the front looks a little lower then the rear so I asking about these Belltech adjustable struts so I can lower the front a inch and maybe a little more later if the rear sags a bit. Also would I need a alignment if I lower the front 1 inch or 1 1/2 inches.

Any info would be helpful, Thanks

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Has anybody bought these Belltech lowering struts that are adjustable from 2" lift to 2" lowered.
I lowered my 2010 Yukon XL with Macgaughys 2" rear lowering/leveling springs but now the front looks a little lower then the rear so I asking about these Belltech adjustable struts so I can lower the front a inch and maybe a little more later if the rear sags a bit. Also would I need a alignment if I lower the front 1 inch or 1 1/2 inches.

Any info would be helpful, Thanks

Lots of us have them. I have them on the front of my Burb along with the Belltech drop spindles for a total of 4" of drop up front. 6" out back.

Any time you change the front suspension you should have the front end aligned.

Mine on the alignment rack right after lowering...
rps20180920_122729_082.jpg

And a couple more recent...
rps20180920_122620_660.jpg rps20180920_122652_387.jpg

Let me know if you have any more questions.

OP
OP
C

carmen5.3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How's the ride? Stiffer than stock?
How's the accuracy of lower rings?
Thanks

kbuskill

Reaction score
How's the ride? Stiffer than stock?
How's the accuracy of lower rings?
Thanks

Honestly... it rides like stock... I kinda wish it was a little firmer.

Pretty accurate I guess... I didn't break out the micrometer or digital caliper or anything though... lol

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run them as well... So far really like them, been running them for about a year and 10k miles. I am however looking to upgrade to a full coil over once @NORCAL SS has them ready to go. Rides better than stock, much better in the corners, I also wish they were slightly stiffer. Hopefully NorCal SS has those coil overs ready to go soon.

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend the McGaughys 3180 front struts. They're made specifically for lowering. I have them and absolutely love them. Wouldn't have it any other way. You can adjust them from stock height down to 3".

kbuskill

Reaction score
I recommend the McGaughys 3180 front struts. They're made specifically for lowering. I have them and absolutely love them. Wouldn't have it any other way. You can adjust them from stock height down to 3".

Would you say they are stiffer/firmer than stock or softer???

kbuskill

Reaction score
Slightly stiffer. I still have factory springs but 2" drop spindles as well

I wish the Belltechs were a little stiffer.... I have thought about trying the Bilsteins with spring relocators but not sure how that would ride with a 2" drop on that strut. I am currently 2" spindle/2" strut for 4" up front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972