Belgium Tahoe owner NEWBIE. HELLO EVERYONE.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Just here to see of we can all help eachother become better Tahoe owners and experts, my name is Robert.

I bought 2 Tahoe's this spring, one 2000 black with 194500km and one blue with almost 400000km on it.

I got the black one with a whole heap of fuel delivery and electrical power problems, very hard to start, impossible to restart and poorly running, but mostly typical Tahoe issues. I was a little scared at first, because of the whole Corona situation, I bought it without ever hearing it run, and had to wait until the lockdown got lifted to get it delivered. Man was I nervous, I actually sent have of the money to buy a car I had never seen for real, and when buying US cars in Europe, you really should be aware of fraud and whatnot.

A friend of mine had a rotten 2002 blue one with 400k, which I just bought for part swapping and fun projects but plan to fix it up as an off road event truck and mudding.

So there you have my introduction to this beast and forum, I had been wanting one for years. But 2 is even better.

Always available to help someone out with some (not all) tech issues, I've been my own car mecanic for 20 years, dont much like the hourly fees at some dealership, to not really fix anything. I prefer doing it myself and doing it right.

Both my cars can start and drive without issues NOW ;) I'd be happy to help anyone I can.

Until then take care everyone and stay safe!!

Rob

Welcome to the forum, please post some pics of the tahoes.

OP
OP
TuffCowboy81

TuffCowboy81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi
Hello Robert, welcome from Germany.

Where are you from in Belgium, I travel a lot in Belgium because I work as a driver in Holland and we have a base in Geel.

Hello Bandit, I currently live on the french speaking side near Charleroi.

Maybe we can do some meet ups in the Benelux one day after this pandemic. ;)

Kind regards.
R

OP
OP
TuffCowboy81

TuffCowboy81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Southern California! Glad to have you here and it’s always really cool i think to see people in other countries with big American built SUVs! Lol we love pics here! Throw some up when you get a chance! Lots of knowledge on these things here on the forum!

Thank you very much for making me feel at home Adventurenali92! 'Preciate y'all !! :D Il post some pics this weekend but mine are pretty much stock for now. We have to pay extra if we trick out our cars in Belgium, but I'm planning to do lots in the near future!

Untill then kind sir.

R

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thank you very much for making me feel at home Adventurenali92! 'Preciate y'all !! :D Il post some pics this weekend but mine are pretty much stock for now. We have to pay extra if we trick out our cars in Belgium, but I'm planning to do lots in the near future!

Untill then kind sir.

R
Why would they penalize you for "Upgrading" your ride? Doesn't seem fair.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Untill then kind sir.

R
Please explain how much they charge you if you trick out your vehicles. Is it a percentage of the parts you add or is there some value added that you pay on? Is it a one-time charge?

Bandit-66

Reaction score
Hi

Hello Bandit, I currently live on the french speaking side near Charleroi.

Maybe we can do some meet ups in the Benelux one day after this pandemic. ;)

Kind regards.
R

Hello Robert, I know this corner, was until recently often in Jemappe and Feluy.
Yes we should meet in Corona, I hope you speak Flemish as well, as my French is very limited, but German would be even better.
greetings Dierk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645