BDS 4 inch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2015 I’m looking at the BDS 4’ lift currently but I’m not sure how I feel about the track width increasing, I am planning on running 295 or 285/70/17 but dont much care for the tires sticking out look. It’s gonna be on the stock rims but worried about the front tires sticking out more than the rear. Anyone try this before or have pictures of their setups? Would greatly appreciate it! I’m open to suggestions...

cmhorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 2015 I’m looking at the BDS 4’ lift currently but I’m not sure how I feel about the track width increasing, I am planning on running 295 or 285/70/17 but dont much care for the tires sticking out look. It’s gonna be on the stock rims but worried about the front tires sticking out more than the rear. Anyone try this before or have pictures of their setups? Would greatly appreciate it! I’m open to suggestions...
I don't know if I would go 295 on a stock 8.5" rim, ain't that gonna squeeze the tire pretty good?
I will say that it shouldn't stick out, I'm running the 295/55/20 on a 0mm offset wheel (stock wheel was a +24) and they barely stick out, control and body roll is way better! I doubt you'll have a problem with them sticking out with stock wheels

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the BDS do a decent job of not
Pushing track width out much more
Than stock. I think it’s even advertised on their lift spec sheet. It’s the rough country kits that push out track width. If any BDS kit did I would guess the 6” kit would but like I said they advertise that it doesn’t to keep your turning radius etc

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I would go 295 on a stock 8.5" rim, ain't that gonna squeeze the tire pretty good?
I will say that it shouldn't stick out, I'm running the 295/55/20 on a 0mm offset wheel (stock wheel was a +24) and they barely stick out, control and body roll is way better! I doubt you'll have a problem with them sticking out with stock wheels

I have run many sets of 12.5” wide tires on 8” wide wheels, even 7” wide wheels. Never once had an issue with odd tire where or popping beads.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with a BDS technical rep last week regarding track width on their 4" and 6" lift kits.
He stated that "the front track width increases 1.5" on BOTH sides of the vehicle."

I guess the rub is that BDS recommends running a 5"-5.75" backspacing (basically stock wheels specs), depending on your wheel diameter.

I would say that yes, decreasing the offset would from stock specs would make the tires not stick out as far. My question becomes what handling, turning radius and rubbing issues may possibly arise from changing the wheel.

Lastly, BDS' website states a recommended tire size of 33" on the 4" kit and you can get 35" with the 6" kit. I currently have my Tahoe at +2.25" up front and am running 33" NITTO Ridge Grapplers with no rubbing. My gut tells me a 34" is certainly possible on the 4" BDS lift kit.

At the end of the day, the BDS lift kits WILL increase front track width enough that the tires will stick out from the outer fender wall (BDS recommended wheels specs) - straight from the horse's mouth.
Anyone know of a fender flare being produced for our SUVs?...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts