Bay City MI to Calhoun GA on one tank of diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s a trip from Medford, OR to Paso Robles, CA we did back in February. The only reason we stopped a couple of times was potty breaks for the kids!
IMG_2062.jpeg

Last edited:

drmoose

Reaction score
Dang I love this Suburban. We had a head wind all the wat down and set the cruise in the 72-74 range most of this leg. One of these trips i will get a tail wind and average well into the 30's.
Best road trip car ever. Fireman is this a replacement Suburban for you from a buyback?

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did Indianapolis IN to Valdosta GA on one tank about a year ago, got scared and stopped 30 miles before Valdosta for fuel because the range indicator went from 0 miles to LO.
Well over 700 miles including Atlanta traffic. Not doing that again tho..!

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did Indianapolis IN to Valdosta GA on one tank about a year ago, got scared and stopped 30 miles before Valdosta for fuel because the range indicator went from 0 miles to LO.
Well over 700 miles including Atlanta traffic. Not doing that again tho..!
I hear ya. We normally fill up in Cleveland TN or Ringold GA but I had enough range to make it to the Buc EEs in Calhoun GA. The range was at 55 miles but when I left I75 and turned the range went to " LOW"

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best road trip car ever. Fireman is this a replacement Suburban for you from a buyback?
No we still have our lemon law Tahoe. We did a cash and keep deal with a 6 year 75k 0 deductible GMPP warranty. It is a good daily driver for us and we don't venture to far from home with it since those 5.3 and 6.2 engines are ticking time bombs with push rod bending and lifter issues. We will get rid of it just before the warranty expires.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't like that dash setup but sure impressed with those numbers. Don't think my skinny butt would handle a non-stop drive like that with our hard seats though. Hard to beat a diesel on the road!

drmoose

Reaction score
No we still have our lemon law Tahoe. We did a cash and keep deal with a 6 year 75k 0 deductible GMPP warranty. It is a good daily driver for us and we don't venture to far from home with it since those 5.3 and 6.2 engines are ticking time bombs with push rod bending and lifter issues. We will get rid of it just before the warranty expires.
Gotcha. I recalled you had some sort of saga...

After 4 trips in for the camera system, two sides of bad lifters, and the transmission failing (67 days in for service in 9 mo. - musta been built in a Friday).....I got them to rebuy/replace, and went with the diesel. Love it, engine feels just....better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33