Bath time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seen them on shark tank , i think the people that came up with the idea actually sold the patent to one of the those morons. He was a firefighter and she was an emt or some shit, there were going on about how the jaws of life has to rip open doors and the catches that those steps hook to can support a shit load of weight... meh whatever

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool step idea. 3 pages about washing the roof....everyone's favorite spot to clean.
:gathering:

Rear tire, running boards and take your shoes off and step on the kick plate or seat to get the middle section. This is how I wash and polish her out. Hasn't failed me yet. Same process on the Tahoe, just harder getting a foot in at the rear tire.

image.png

OP
OP
Beagleman

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy, never thought this would go as log as this, that's so cool..... I have seen the tire step and was all ready to get one , they or the one I was looking at, is made in Seattle, and is around 60 bucks USD..................... and to ship it to the dark side of mars ( Canada ) is MORE than double the cost of the step............... I guess it may be a road trip to Seattle or get it to my buddy's place in Spokane...... I'm personally not sure about the little hook step, I'm a pretty big boy, and with my luck I'd pull the door frame out of whack, and then the door wouldn't close...... how do I explain that to the body shop?? LOL And Yeah, I agree, I like to see the roof too when I wash it, so maybe my new long arm wash mitt, and a step stool... ( heavy duty one ).... thanks you guys, once again LOTS of great information and great ideas tossed in with a couple chuckles... love it...

SgtCookeUSMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use a three step step ladder for the Sub. I've recently started using the foam with the Chemical Brothers solution in it...it does a great job without needing to use the brush up top.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 4' step ladder. Sideways, it won't touch the paint ( running board keeps it away)....

Cleaning the bird crap spots on roof, I use the ladder & wash by hand, a mitten/sponge. Or a quick wash, I have an adjustable aluminum handle & medium-soft 'deck brush' both from West Marine.

( I LOVE West Marine !!!! )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645