Barn door conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my99hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone has or thought about doing barn door conversion i hate my hatch and my suburban had barn doors, really want barns on my tahoe... can it be done? i know anything is possible, but i want easy conversion!! like bolt on....

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
short answer. sell the truck, buy one with doors. you would have to do a ton of work to get it swapped. theres a few threads on the question already.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
Hate the hatch! I love my hatch and don't care for the barn doors as it obstructs my view out the back through the rear view mirror. But yea, you would have to do some cutting and drilling.

OP
OP
M

my99hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was skimming thru threads and didnt see much of anything on it so thought id start new thread, and i cant sell it just put $3k under hood!! lol

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a few threads but they lead to nowhere. the cost and labor in trying to switch it would be ridiculous, and it would have to end up 99.9% perfect for it to ever seal right. last thing you want is to die from the exhaust fuses coming in the back doors! haha

i must say i love my hatch as well. now if the barn doors opened all the way to the side of the truck i would be down for doors. that and not put a pillar in the rear view mirror...

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love barn doors... but i use mine a lot. buddy has hatch in his 93 and its nice driving with glass open and to tail gate and sit on tail gate. i like em both but prefer barn doors more

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I wish they would put a tailgate on these things like they had on the old K5's!

anyone ever seen THAT mod done??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645