Bad instrument panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

florida boy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any help is appreciated... I was driving down the interstate and the truck died on me. I first suspected the fuel pump but the DIC and gauges are acting wierd and the truck won't turn over AT ALL. When I turn the key to the "On" position the panel reads "Stability Sys Disabled" and sometimes "Service Tire Monitor" the average economy and all that fuel read outs read okay for about a second and then say "--.- MPG" or "Range: ---.-" I have looked at every fuse and switch every relay I could think or find. I called someone and they said it was probably a bad cluster. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

BTW It is a 2004 Yukon SLT AWD, 133,000 miles all stock other than K&N cold air kit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
florida boy

florida boy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
with the key on, do you hear the fuel pump?

I tried listening for it but I'm on the side of the highway right now and it is hard to hear that low hum with cars flying by at 80 MPH. I just thought to ask about the cluster because of the wierd messages and I didn't think the fuel pump Not working would cause that.. Plus the hours on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. Thanks though. I will try for the fuel pump again once I get it towed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON