Bad I-Shaft?..not worth fixing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wapiti22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That replacement shaft is about $65 from GMPARTSDIRECT.com and takes about 20 minutes of your time. I suffered with that rattle for many years and now it is gone. 5K miles and I'm noise and vibration free.

BAMA_LTZ_HOE

Reaction score
If you want a quick fix, raise the hood, loosen the bolt on the intermediate shaft. Work the shaft back and forth about 10 times. Tighten the nut back. Takes less than 2 minutes total. This redistributes the grease. My 07 was rattling. Did this quick fix and it is now silent. Who knows how long it will last, but for a couple of minutes and no money, it is well worth it.

Also, I had a 2001 Suburban with the same issue and I bought the grease kit from GM and it worked too. I sold it after I had put about 15,000 miles on it without any more rattle.

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys...i had never heard of gmpartsdirect. Im knew to this GM thing lol. Also thanks Bama....i may do that while its in the shop for tires next week. Mainly so i can save some money before my drive to florida for xmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n