Bad ground?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clemson01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I have a bad ground some where and I'm wondering if anyone here has a answer for me.. I have a 2007 Tahoe ltz. 5.3.. all lights are flickering headlights, taillights, dash lights etc.. it's not real noticeable unless u stare besides the interior lights they are bad. And I also have static in door speakers that is there even when the volume is on 0. Aftermarket HU and door speakers.im not sure if that has anything to do with the lights flickering. But I had my battery and alt check today and both are good. So my question is where is the first place to check the grounds besides the negative on the battery?.. thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Other then the radio, do the other lights that are flickering have a common ground?

OP
OP
clemson01

clemson01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. . I know that the flickering really doesn't change with the rpm

Dallasdane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just repaired the ground connection on the right front side of engine it's the one running from then battery to engine I had a similar issue. I cleaned the flat connector that mounts to the engine, cut the ground wire 1 1/2 inch off and re soldered the wire. So far I think I fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
clemson01

clemson01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK thanks .. I will definitely try that out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members