Bad Cold Weather MPG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
Last winter in Michigan was quite mild, with barely any snow, and we were getting 18-19 MPG easily. This winter has been more harsh, and I have noticed quite a drop in mileage.

My wife DDs the Yukon and she usually gets 18 MPG, but this winter I've consistently seen averages of around 16.5 MPG.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Note that I do use dino and follow the OLM , changing around 20%. Not sure how much this affects the mileage.

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are u warming up ur car for 10-20 minutes to make comfy or usng the remote start up to 2x?

jimr5454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic a little but you had someone ask if you use the remote star .my remote start works sometimes amd not others mostly not new fob new bats any ideas ? And fyi my mpg go down a little in the winter as well but have no idea y.I'm in chicago

powerhaulic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In colder climates winter fuel has more Ethanol which causes lower fuel economy, combined with higher fuel use solely from colder temps.
I have usually lost 1-3 MPG in winter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900