Bad amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toothless

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s been discussed but I can’t seem to find it here. I have an 07 Yukon xl slt and only have sound out of the pillars. Is this a bad amp or is there more going on? She is running on 290 thousand miles.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you have lots of chipmunks or mice residing in your yukon, it's probably not the wiring.

If this Bose amp is like the Bose amp in my old Armada, then there was a power relay that died, causeing the rear speakers to die (the Armada had a button to purposely mute all rear speakers for quiettime in the back. It was like a $5 part to swap out, and all was good.

Maybe searching for the amp part number & "rear speakers silent" or something like that will point you in the right direction.

Does the subwoofer run off the signal to the rear speakers?

OP
OP
T

Toothless

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don’t think it’s wiring as much as a bad amp. It’s just figuring out how to remove the center console or if I replace radio can I bypass the amp?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879