Backup camera issue with water spots...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikenehrkorn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Me and my new 2013 Tahoe are new to the forum and I have an issue that I'm hoping someone has a fix for...with the rain and snow and water everywhere right now in the Midwest I continually get water spots on the back up camera making it very hard to see. Is there any trick to keep that clear? Would mud flaps on the back help at all?

Thanks for any input...

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me and my new 2013 Tahoe are new to the forum and I have an issue that I'm hoping someone has a fix for...with the rain and snow and water everywhere right now in the Midwest I continually get water spots on the back up camera making it very hard to see. Is there any trick to keep that clear? Would mud flaps on the back help at all?

Thanks for any input...

not really. Just gotta remember to keep it cleaned off. Maybe keep a small rag in the door pocket to wipe off every couple days. It's just the air travel with how these SUVs are built.

backupshield

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Mike! I'm actually in the process of getting a patent for a permanent and inexpensive solution for this issue. I have a 2014 Sorento, but I hear you...this is extremely annoying considering the backup camera option was not cheap. :) Let me know if you'd like me to keep you updated on my progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall