Auxillary Switch Mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dy_lon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am trying to determine the best location to mount 5-6 Carling Contura switches. I was thinking in the blank overhead console panel, where the rear air control normally is.

Does anyone have any ideas as to other locations that are feasible to access to do the installation?

Thanks for the help,

-Dylan

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spot you mentioned would be a nice spot. You could also make a plate to fit in the front storage area (the squarish area with the flipback lid) in the center console and mount switches to that plate. You could also make it completely removable in case you wanted to revert back to stock. That was an area I was considering for any future switches.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its not a 4x4, the spot above the headlight switch where the 4x4 switch normally goes is also a good spot. On a 2wd its just a useless pocket right there. Just mount a black plate with the switches in its place.

OP
OP
D

dy_lon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My tahoe is a 4x4. the switches measure 1.9" tall by .9" wide

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pic I snagged off Ebay, would look alot better if the switches were centered better

!BzZtk0wBGk~$(KGrHqZ,!jIEw49O4KO+BMV3Y!YElw~~_12.jpg

I mounted my XM here when I had it, there should be enough room in there for em if you used a small box to mount the switches in

100_1070.gif

OP
OP
D

dy_lon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pic I snagged off Ebay, would look alot better if the switches were centered better

!BzZtk0wBGk~$(KGrHqZ,!jIEw49O4KO+BMV3Y!YElw~~_12.jpg

I mounted my XM here when I had it, there should be enough room in there for em if you used a small box to mount the switches in

100_1070.gif

I ended up placing my switches in the same location that you have your gauges. I have 5 spaces for switches with a blank in the middle for an evenly spaced look. I have two sithces, the blank, then another two switches. I only get to work on my tahoe about a hour a day because i have been working 12 -14 hour days, 7 days a week for about 3 months now. I guess any progress is good progress.

Ill post some pics soon hopefully.

-Dylan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19