Autoride Air Compressor / Rear Shocks - BlOwN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just purchased an 07 Escalade this week and have been reading around about drops, wheels/tires, etc. After doing some research I decided to purchase the Belltech 2/4 drop from Tony and in doing so I read around and saw some instructions on the install so I started snooping around the truck to see how the install would go. When I went to go under the rear I find this:

20121018_215606.jpg

So I'm no expert, but this air shock is blown correct? It doesn't have an outer and inner to where this could just be a torn boot? I'm completely new to Escalades / Autoride suspensions so I didn't notice before buying. I read a bunch of talk about "hearing the compressor kick on all the time" so I tried to listen for that and don't hear anything. Not sure what it sounds like or how I could test it. In my ignorant evaluation it would appear I'm going to have to replace the rear air shocks and compressor??? weird thing is there is no dash lights or service air system lights...your thoughts?

I appreciate any help, hate being the NEWB!

OP
OP
baggedlvintegra

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony confirmed via text it is blown for sure....thanks Tony, hands down best customer service of any vendor I've ever seen

Speedy188

Reaction score
I just replaced the shocks on my Tahoe with Arnott Industries Shocks which are lifetime warranty re manufactured air assist shocks and they are $400.00 with a $50.00 core charge that you get back once you return your old shocks. That is a really good deal and the shocks are great!

OP
OP
baggedlvintegra

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the shocks on my Tahoe with Arnott Industries Shocks which are lifetime warranty re manufactured air assist shocks and they are $400.00 with a $50.00 core charge that you get back once you return your old shocks. That is a really good deal and the shocks are great!

I did the same but they actually had a shocks / compressor package on their eBay store for $550 with return $50 core for the reman liftetime warranty air shocks and brand new compressor. Can't beat it for $500 and the quality is great

mikewayne

Reaction score
Thanks for such a post, the issue discussed here might really come handy when it comes down to tough times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n