Automatic Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yarslew

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is an 08 Suburban, so it should be the same as Tahoe or Yukon. Driver side is down, Passenger side is up. I don't know for sure if they failed on deployment or on retracting, so I don't know if the failure was caused by the passenger side or the driver side. I've done the suggested procedure to reset them but nothing happens. With my problem does anyone know what the most likely culprit is and if it's driver side or passenger side causing it. Is it common for both to fail if one side only has a problem. What would I need to do to get them both down and leave them that way? Thanks for the help.

Jakkel667

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you shut the door do you hear the motor running? My Yukon was the same way. The hinges were ceased up on the drivers. I sprayed them with pb blaster let them sit opened and closed door. Pushing up on the outside edge of the board it folded up. I turned them off for the time being till it’s gets warmer. Plan to tear them off and clean them good. You can buy new motor and bracket on eBay for around $150 a side or just the motor for $65 a side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk