AutoCal Black Bear Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

99TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Initial Setup Instructions
Step 1: Create a folder on your computer for tuning files.
We encourage you to create a separate folder, either in your documents, desktop, or whever you prefer, so as to be able to keep all of your tuning files in a central location. To do this, navigate to your desired location, right click on an open area and select "New Folder". Name the folder "Tuning Files" and press enter.
Show Example

Step 2: Install EFILive software on your desktop or laptop computer.
It will be necessary to download and install EFILive V8 software to manage your AutoCal. To do so, CLICK HERE. When prompted, choose to Run and install the file after downloading. Follow the on-screen installation instructions and when complete, choose to launch the program file.
Show Example

Step 3: Update AutoCal and EFILive software to latest version.
To ensure that you have the latest software and hardware version installed, click the "Install Updates" button and follow the on-screen instructions for completion.
Show Example

Plug in your AutoCal to your computer via the provided USB cable. Go to the start menu, expand the EFILive folder and select the EFILive HAPI.

Show Example

Click the EFILive Icon in the taskbar to open the control panel

Note: If the AutoCal V2 device does not show up as being connected in the list, please follow the driver installation instructions listed above.
If AutoCal is up to date, there will be a message notifying you of this fact. If it needs updating, you will be given an option to update at this point.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Configure AutoCal for logging and file retrieval
Options File - Download the set of AutoCal files and copy the contents to your Tuning Files folder for usage. To do so, open this Options file and your Tuning Files folder concurrently and drag the contents of the Options file to the Tuning Files folder.
Open the EFILive Scan and Tune software and click the "F5: Black Box Settings" link or "F5: BBX" icon on the left.

Show Example

Click the Open button and navigate to your Tuning Files folder.

Show Example

Select the options file that was previously downloaded that corresponds to the vehicle you are wanting to tune ("Options E38 4spd", "Options Gen3, Vortec", etc). All 2007 and newer trucks GMT-900 trucks, 2007 and newer Corvettes utilize the E38 controller. 2005-2006 LS2 vehicles utilize the E40 controller, 2007-2009 Trailblazer SS utilizes the E67 controller. All 99 and newer LS1 vehicles and 99-06 trucks utilize the Gen3 controller. Do not click the first file that pops up and is listed as just "Options". That is a sample file that is included with the EFILive software and will not be beneficial. You must navigate to the files that have been downloaded and select the correct file for your vehicle. For other vehicles or any questions, please contact us directly at [email protected].

Show Example

Program the selected set of options into the AutoCal by pressing the programming button. This process may take a few minutes to complete. The 60-80% value indicated on the Program button is not important.

Show Example

Your AutoCal is now ready to retrieve your factory tune file(s) and collect data for your tune.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

There are pictures of the "show example" but don't load up when I copy and paste...I have gotten to where I can do the program "options" but then when I go out to try and connect it to the Tahoe, it will not power up. I also tried connecting to the Tahoe while being powered by the laptop and I get a "ERROR: $0281"

OP
OP

99TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not getting any power at all from the 2 terminals together...all fuses look fine though and everything is working that needs power besides that terminal that I can tell.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Problem fixed...Thanks everyone for the input, it ended up being the aux fuse that was blown which gave my terminal 16 power and also my 2 spare cigarette lighter ports which I never use and didn't realize were not getting power either. Thanks again, now to do some live data logging and then send it out to get it tuned. :head3:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz