AutoCal Black Bear Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AutoCal Black Bear Performance?

Hello everyone, I just signed up a few days ago after reading tons of posts and most recently about the BB tune. I went ahead and purchased the AutoCal with the free tune and just got it in today. I am not sure if I am posting in the right section so I apologize in advance. I am following the directions listed on the AutoCal website and I cant seem to power up the device once I plug it into my OBDII port, am I suppose to have a laptop plugged in as well? Thanks guys, oh and I already emailed them asking for some help but they are busy with a tune meet I think.

Last edited:
OP
OP

99TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought it was but after reading a little bit in some other forums I am guessing that I need to have my laptop in the Tahoe as well to provide power to the AutoCal unit. I'll see if anyone that has used it will chime in, thanks for the welcome.

OP
OP

99TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just checked all the fuses on the side panel and engine bay, all good. I also plugged in a regular OBII code reader and it worked fine. I'm a little lost but I'll keep trying the steps it shows on the AutoCal website as to how to get it ready to read/log. Thanks for the input...

OP
OP

99TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP

99TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not sure what you mean by that....like copy and paste the instructions?

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Hope you have better luck than me metal4all6...I might be doing something wrong when setting it up but I am following everything step by step and no luck. Let me know how it goes with yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz