Auto ride Z55 delete 2012 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teddy315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all.
2012 Tahoe LTZ with Z55. Replaced shocks and struts with static. RC level struts in front. HD coil springs and RC N3 shocks. Then I pulled the 3 fuses for system. Feels fantastic! Need alignment, eating tires slightly. Not my issue tho, issue is suspension message still on. Does anyone know how to reset without using resistors? All 3 fuses removed so system should be shut down, right? Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a reason they sell the resistors. As @swathdiver said, a lot of different systems on the vehicle are interconnected so if one can’t communicate with the other, you get a message telling you the vehicle thinks something as wrong.

I think your options are install the resistors or ignore the message on the dash.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Resistors or dashboard message. The choice is yours.

After that, consider purchasing Hellwig sway bars, and you'll experience a really fantastic ride.

OP
OP
T

Teddy315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, but there are various modules trying to talk to them and when they don't answer, they send up the message.
There is a reason they sell the resistors. As @swathdiver said, a lot of different systems on the vehicle are interconnected so if one can’t communicate with the other, you get a message telling you the vehicle thinks something as wrong.

I think your options are install the resistors or ignore the message on the dash.
Awesome reply's from all. Thanks a lot, makes sense the various systems/modules just bite it and put resistors or just continue to ignore, does not seem to hurt anything except a bit of OCD. The message just bugs me. Ha! DIC button! Thanks a lot!

OP
OP
T

Teddy315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Resistors or dashboard message. The choice is yours.

After that, consider purchasing Hellwig sway bars, and you'll experience a really fantastic ride.
Yeah, Joseph,
Thanks for the heads up, will look into those. Was just cranking my head in that area! I put new components… just an A1 auto OE set of arms.. for now till I decide on upgrade. Just like the new fresh metal and bushings. Will look into those Hellwig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700