Auto ride air line question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was replacing my rear shocks and ran into a problem. The air line going into the shock would not come out. I tried to gently pull it with a plied and ended up breaking the line. After I got the shock out I used some wd40 to get the tip of the line left in the shock out. When I pulled the tip out it had like a t shape to it at the end of it and 2 rubber washer looking things at the end of it. I cut the line flat out the 2 rubber washer things on and put it into the new vigor shock. I didn’t get to replace the other shock or compressor yet. But will it be a problem with out that t shape end on it. Just want to know if I should order another air line before I go down there to finish off the rest of the suspension.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was replacing my rear shocks and ran into a problem. The air line going into the shock would not come out. I tried to gently pull it with a plied and ended up breaking the line. After I got the shock out I used some wd40 to get the tip of the line left in the shock out. When I pulled the tip out it had like a t shape to it at the end of it and 2 rubber washer looking things at the end of it. I cut the line flat out the 2 rubber washer things on and put it into the new vigor shock. I didn’t get to replace the other shock or compressor yet. But will it be a problem with out that t shape end on it. Just want to know if I should order another air line before I go down there to finish off the rest of the suspension.
If the air pressure being sent into the shock is too great, that barbed tee is going to pop out. Personally, I’d just order a replacement, but do you have any pictures of the good one and the broken one?

OP
OP
A

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I threw the little piece out after I removed the little rubber washer things. I looked on Amazon they have some replacement lines and even an air line connector repair kit. And I bought the arnott compressor I just didn’t get to finish the job because one of my boys ended up fracturing a finger playing basketball

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I threw the little piece out after I removed the little rubber washer things. I looked on Amazon they have some replacement lines and even an air line connector repair kit. And I bought the arnott compressor I just didn’t get to finish the job because one of my boys ended up fracturing a finger playing basketball
Rats...hope he's okay! That's painful.

OP
OP
A

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s good. He was actually calm about the whole thing. He went inside and sat down to watch tv. He mentioned it to my wife saw the black and blue and said he needs to go to urgent care.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny that you mentioned the basketball injury. My kids played football, lacrosse, and basketball for their schools, and their only significant injuries .... broken nose, fractured skull, knocked out teeth, fractured jaw, major skull gash, high ankle sprain .... ALL came from, playing basketball. Go figure...

OP
OP
A

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished installing the shock and compressor last wendsday. Left for Florida that same night. It aired up without problem. Compressor worked for like two seconds and shut off. Didn’t hear it come on afterwards. Called my kids out told them to climb in the back compressor came back on lifted up the rear then shut off. Soon after the kids climbed out you hear it airing out. Every time I start up the truck compressor comes on for two seconds and that’s it only other times are when the load changes. And I’ve heard it air out after I shut the truck off. The whole rear suspension was shot when I bought the truck so I really don’t know how it should work.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished installing the shock and compressor last wendsday. Left for Florida that same night. It aired up without problem. Compressor worked for like two seconds and shut off. Didn’t hear it come on afterwards. Called my kids out told them to climb in the back compressor came back on lifted up the rear then shut off. Soon after the kids climbed out you hear it airing out. Every time I start up the truck compressor comes on for two seconds and that’s it only other times are when the load changes. And I’ve heard it air out after I shut the truck off. The whole rear suspension was shot when I bought the truck so I really don’t know how it should work.
That's how it should work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts