Auto leveling suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eshahak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Suburban and am looking to upgrade to the 2021 suburban and my bil is looking at the tahoe. We tow with our vehicles currently and they both have auto leveling suspension on an LT model. This option is a must for us, but don't want to go to the z71 or high country. I can't find any information on this option anywhere, but all the videos i have seen towing show that they are level. Can anyone help me out with any information on load leveling suspension? TIA

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia What you might be reading is the new auto leveling for front and rear (if I read the article right) for Z71 and high country. @915_Tahoe may know the rpo code for a rear like you have now. Others will chime in.

Thunder22

Reaction score
Not sure what info you need.... I have max towing, MSRC and air suspension on my Z71 (which you say you don't want).

OP
OP
E

eshahak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I get the LT will there be a ton of squat on the rear if I'm towing a heavy trailer. Right now with my LT when it starts to squat the auto load leveling kicks in. I talk to a salesperson today that told me it does not need it with the new independent rear suspension. Does anyone tow any heavy loads with their new Tahoe/suburban (non- z71 or HC) that can post a video or picture of them towing or hooked to their heavy trailer? Thank you.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will look the same as any other vehicle without auto leveling. It’s going to squat in relation to what you’re towing.

Maybe look into some aftermarket helper airbags. Regardless, auto leveling doesn’t allow you to pull or haul more it just corrects the ride height. What you can do with the truck is limited to what’s on the door jamb not how low the rear end is.

Here’s a video with a guy towing with a regular coil spring Tahoe, maybe it can help you out:

OP
OP
E

eshahak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It will look the same as any other vehicle without auto leveling. It’s going to squat in relation to what you’re towing.

Maybe look into some aftermarket helper airbags. Regardless, auto leveling doesn’t allow you to pull or haul more it just corrects the ride height. What you can do with the truck is limited to what’s on the door jamb not how low the rear end is.

Here’s a video with a guy towing with a regular coil spring Tahoe, maybe it can help you out:

Thank you. This is helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14