Auto Hold Brake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeM01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems the Denali does not come with auto hold brake for when you are at stop lights, etc. anyone know why?

texasdriver

Reaction score
Interesting. My 19 Sierra Denali has it. Seems strange they would regress.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Works for me. there are many times I have to tap the throttle to get it moving and I see "Park" illuminated in the DIC

OP
OP
J

JoeM01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do you enable and disable it? What year is your Denali?

I don’t even see this listed as a feature in the vehicle manual. I do see on the Escalade they have an auto hold button via some online videos. But nothing for the Yukon or Tahoe.

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you may be talking about a feature that is not on the vehicle. Others may be confusing the auto parking brake or the hill start assist.

I have “brake hold” on my Honda CR-V. Brake hold can be enable and wherever you come to a complete stop, the brakes remain applied and the brake lights remain on. This is useful in, say, a drive through line. You don’t have to keep your foot on the brake.

Brake hold is not on these vehicles.

The Denali has “hill start assist” (see owners manual) which will engage automatically when the vehicle is facing uphill, you are in drive, and take your foot off the brake. To prevent roll back. It works the same way in reverse if the vehicle is facing downhill.

The Denali also has auto electric parking brake, which will apply the parking brake automatically in certain situations when you put the vehicle in park. (Slopes, etc).

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '21 SLT has brake hold...when on steep hills and letting off the brake, it will hold until I tip into the throttle. Don't know why any other trucks would be missing this feature.

OP
OP
J

JoeM01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Works for me. there are many times I have to tap the throttle to get it moving and I see "Park" illuminated in the DIC
I think you may be talking about a feature that is not on the vehicle. Others may be confusing the auto parking brake or the hill start assist.

I have “brake hold” on my Honda CR-V. Brake hold can be enable and wherever you come to a complete stop, the brakes remain applied and the brake lights remain on. This is useful in, say, a drive through line. You don’t have to keep your foot on the brake.

Brake hold is not on these vehicles.

The Denali has “hill start assist” (see owners manual) which will engage automatically when the vehicle is facing uphill, you are in drive, and take your foot off the brake. To prevent roll back. It works the same way in reverse if the vehicle is facing downhill.

The Denali also has auto electric parking brake, which will apply the parking brake automatically in certain situations when you put the vehicle in park. (Slopes, etc).
I think this is the answer. It was just surprising to me that it does not come with the car, not even as a option. That said, the breaks don’t require much pressure to hold the truck in place at a stop light.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is the answer. It was just surprising to me that it does not come with the car, not even as a option. That said, the breaks don’t require much pressure to hold the truck in place at a stop light.
Have not seen it on any GM vehicles, actually. Also don't recall it being on any Fords.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE