Auto door lock disable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to disable the automatic door lock? Luckily I’ve had the good open both times it locked me out and was able to get in by disconnecting the battery.
99 LT

Pain@thepump

Reaction score
"The 1999 trucks (GMC or Chevrolet) dont have the option to self disable or even enter the mode. The option was added in the 2000 model year. To disable (only disable - not set any other way.) you have to go to the dealer and have them reprogram your BCM (Body control module). Its under Gm Bulletin #99-08-64-003A published 9-27-99. Go to the dealer and give them that bulletin #. It depends on how well you are with the dealer if they are going to warranty it. The bulletin reads as it can be done under warranty once on a vehicle. I know i am a new user, but i have been working at a chevrolet dealer since before that body style truck came out and remember that being an issue."

you can read more here, it is an off site click, hence I linked it to the word "here."

OP
OP
liquify33

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The 1999 trucks (GMC or Chevrolet) dont have the option to self disable or even enter the mode. The option was added in the 2000 model year. To disable (only disable - not set any other way.) you have to go to the dealer and have them reprogram your BCM (Body control module). Its under Gm Bulletin #99-08-64-003A published 9-27-99. Go to the dealer and give them that bulletin #. It depends on how well you are with the dealer if they are going to warranty it. The bulletin reads as it can be done under warranty once on a vehicle. I know i am a new user, but i have been working at a chevrolet dealer since before that body style truck came out and remember that being an issue."

you can read more here, it is an off site click, hence I linked it to the word "here."
Tha is for that. I inherited an hp tuner setup with a license available, do you think that would do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71